They are now different from regular text boxes. This should make it easier to distinguish what can be interacted with.
Here's seeing it in ACTION!!
There's been some considerable work being done on Panic! Panic!. A lot of that work is taking the work I had originally done with the original and making it compatible with new reworking.
The main plan is to release both Auto-Warrior and Panic! Panic! to Tizen by the end of the month so that they are eligible to be entered in the Tizen App Competition. It's been a lot of work and stress getting these two projects ready for the competition. Balancing all this and school has been tough.
Support continues for Auto-Warrior for Android and is available for download. We haven't made a release date for Panic! Panic! yet, but I imagine it will be around the same time as it will be for Tizen.
Since Auto-Warrior has been released, it's time to move on to some other projects. Although, I do have some plans for future updates to Auto-Warrior, the focus has shifted to some other projects. Mostly on Panic! Panic!
I have already posted content and work on it here in this blog, but I will continue to post updates on this projects as well as others that may arise.
Got together with my Game making group and we established a release date for Auto-Warrior. It will be on September 7th.
There will be a pay for version, we haven't decided on the price yet. Although, it'll probably be around $2-$3. There will also be a free version. It won't have the new game + modes, secret dungeons have been taken out, certain items have been taken out, and it will have ads. But, with the free version you can still beat the game, it's just not as fun.
The work for Auto-Warrior for Android devices is almost complete. Right now it is mainly in the final testing stages, which is the most boring part. Luckily, I've had the time to work on that. I've also been lucky to have a few people playtesting for me as well.
It has been pushed back several times, mostly because of things happening in my life like school and work. I'm not giving a definite release date yet, but it's soon.
There's just a few more polishes that need to be made. I can't do everything I wanted because that would just take too long. The feedback from the playtesters have been pretty positive so far.
It's been a much busier semester than expected. I've gotten most of my work done so I don't have to do anything over the break. It's been great taking classes that I want to take and that contribute to my programming ability. They've actually helped me quite a bit in writing better and cleaner code.
I'm taking this opportunity to crunch down on Auto-Warrior. The hope is to get the main meat of the game completed so that there will just be testing and fine-tuning before the release. It's been a bit of beast to get through and just finding time to work on it. Going back and looking at the old code is kind of embarrassing and I have had to do a lot of cleaning just to find out what I was doing.
Hopefully all of this will result in a cleaner, more refined version of Auto-Warrior that you can play on your phones. This is the last time I'm remaking a game (probably...).
By the end of next week I hope to make another update and post some screens of the progress made.
Plans have changed for projects. I have put Panic! Panic! on hold for the time being. This is due in part because I have assembled a team for the port of Auto-Warrior to Android. This had been put on hold mostly because of other projects and that I just didn't have the ability for many aspects of the game. Since I didn't write, or own, the music for the previous incarnations, I've needed someone to make the music. I just found someone willing to do so and has already started on the tracks I needed.
We are a team of three and hope to complete the project within the next two months. This is my first time working with an actual team and it's been very exciting to be in charge of this game making group.
The main focus right now, is to make a basic direct port of the game. However, if time permits, we will add extra feature.
I hope to keep you all updated as the progress on Auto-Warrior continues.
I'll be beginning a new semester of school this next week. It'll be cool because I'll be taking classes that will be helpful for me in making games and in general programming.
I have done some work on Panic! Panic!, but not as much as I should have. I've mostly just been working on some of the debug features so that it'll be easier to debug on a cell phone.
The re-working of the game has made it much more efficient and there has been little slowdown on the cell phone so far. (Keep in mind that the cell phone I am using to test is relatively old.) My brother has tested an earlier build of the project on his Samsung Galaxy S3 and it looks beautiful. (I'm talking about the phone.) So, progress is going forward, but I can't guarantee that when the semester starts.
This is an earlier shot, showing the targeting.
This is a little further along, showing the Score and Combo.
Just doing some debugging using Gamemaker's default debugging system.
Any comments about how this game and any of my other games are looking, feel free to comment.