Thursday, August 13, 2009

Marley and Me Review

We rented some movies from blockbuster one night and neither of which I had heard very much about. As I looked at the covers I wasn’t very impressed at all. Especially not the cover art, it was all very basic and obvious. One of these movies was Marley and Me, in which my expectations were very low. It looked like any other run of the mill movies that the entire “family” could enjoy or some movie like My Dog Skip or something like that. However, my expectations were blown out of the way even though it was very similar to My Dog Skip.

I actually found the movie to be very entertaining and funny. It was a movie about life, not so much a cute animal flick. Anyone who has had to raise a dog while trying to start a family can relate to this story. If you love dogs or have ever owned one, you would also appreciate this movie.

There were a few things that I did not like so much, although I can’t remember too many right now. There was a long drawn out montage in the middle of the film in which I thought went on a tad too long. But, overall, I never really lost interest. It was touching and funny in many parts. I don’t think, though, that I would necessarily watch again, at least not for some time.

It was just a good movie.

Rating: Crap – Stupid – Mediocre at Best – Good – Really Good – Excellent

Copyright (c) 2009

No comments: